This is Howto for setting up an independent Box providing you with ChaosVPN
- Buy http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004YIT2ZI (or some equivalent Router)
- Open your Router and power on - Connect wired or wireless (use information provided with your router) - Go directly to your routers Webinterface (one of 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.178.1) and search for sth like "System -> Firmware Upgrade" (There is no need to change any of the configuration)
- Download current WRT version If you are using the Hardware above: http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1/ar71xx/openwrt-ar71xx-wndr3800-squashfs-factory.img
- Upload the Image in your Webinterface - Press Start - DO NOT REBOOT, POWEROFF OR ELSE - Wait until done (Power LED should not flash)
- Reconnect to your Router - Go to Webinterface at 192.168.1.1 - Connect the yellow port on your router to current infrastructure - Go to "Network -> Interfaces" and activate WAN Connection with DHCP (assuming DHCP is available; you may configure DSL if you are connecting a modem) - Navigate to "System -> Software" and press "Update Lists" - Press "Available Software" Tab and select "C" - Search for ChaosVPN and press "install"